Tuesday, September 23, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO.......US!!


Some of you just might not know the very odd fact that Chad and I share the same birthday. You also may not know that Chad is 10 years older than me which makes BIG birthdays fun fun fun. The point of this story is yesterday was OUR birthday! I turned 30 but Chad turned 40!! I tried several different ways to have a surprise party for him but he seemed to screw every plan I had up so we just made it a birthday weekend for us both and had a blast. So here's the eventful weekend of Chad turning 40...... (this is my blog so I get to rub in that he's 40!!)

We started our "Birthday Weekend" by going out to dinner on Friday night with some great friends. I have never eaten Thai food so whats a better time then when you turn 30 right! We met up with Chase and Heather (Chad plays with Chase in Whiskey Rodeo) at Swadee Thai.....have to say it wasn't bad food....still would eat Mexican Food any day but Chase ordered all the right "safe" food!
Chase and Heather Holy Food Batman!

Not really sure what Chase is doing but here's Chad eating this wonderful Thai dessert that Heather called "Fried Air". Whatever it was it was REALLY good!
NEXT.......Saturday morning we got up and went out to the Cinders, which is a bunch of rocky land basically....dunes but with rocks...anyway we went out there to ride four wheelers with more friends....yea!! We went with Scott (who works with Chad at Rsc) his wife Karen, bro Ron and two daughters Lori and Katie. Surprise Surprise....We had a blast with the exception of a few minor bumps and bruises we made it out alive!
Ron Katie and Lori Ready to go I'm so impatient!

Chad's elbow after he rolled the quad on top of him down a hill. Then he decided he would "check the view". I think he has the same problem my son does!!!
Once again impatiently waiting for Scott's Ranger to get towed back to the truck since he was trying to be "cool" and broke the belt HA HA!! Lots of dirt, a few bruises, and some sore ribs ....but lots of fun!

Saturday wasn't over yet.........it was off to one of my favorite places

I love Outback Steakhouse.....All I need to say!
After we stuffed ourselves so much we couldn't move we were off again....to the Big Show! Both of the bands Chad plays in played Saturday Night (which is one way he screwed my "surprise" party plans up) They played at Charley's here in town and did an AWESOME job.....people love them and pack the place when they come to play.

"Bucket" started the night "Whiskey Rodeo" finished it off

Sunday......we went to Church very tired but we were there :)

MONDAY was really the BIG day.....so I started the morning by fibbing (sp?) a little to Chad and told him I had to be to work a little early what he didn't know is the only work I had to do early was totally destroy his office.....


Little did I know my co-workers did the same to mine!
Monday evening we had Rich, Lindsey and the kids over for presents, pizza, ice cream cake and a little Rockband!

Gettin Down on Rockband Rich, Lindsey, Kortlin and Kelsi eatin pizza

Chad got Friday's Front Row D-back tickets I obviously picked up the cake :)

And the night ended with my present from Chad.....
I'm to dumb to figure out how to turn this pic so turn your head :) Chad gave me a great foot massage machine thing....AWWWW

We had a great weekend and a great birthday thanks to all our GREAT family and friends. Happy Birthday Chad (since I know you check to see what I've been up to :)

5 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Birthday to both of you! Your life looks very good. Hooray!

The Barb Chronicles said...

Happy birthday, I would call you an old fart, but we are the same age :-!
Yes, lets get the girls together soon! Keagan would love that. I am addicted to blogging too! It's really a very sick habbit they shoud start AA meetings. Ciao! Barb

Curtis Chicks said...

Awww isn't that sweet?! LOL

And like Oh My Gosh! You have the International Plumbing Code Book?!?! Or as I like to call it "IPC" ... LUCKY!!!

Now I don't know WHAT to get you for a belated birthday present because you are obviously the woman who has everything!!

Great husband? CHECK
Cute Kids? CHECK
Sexy Sister? CHECK
Foot Massager? CHECK
IPC Book? DOUBLE CHECK

*sigh* guess my "happy birthday Mr. President" will just have to do!!

Love ya sis!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday....I know a few days late, but better late than never right? I am glad you had a great birthday and I will have to say rather strange you both have the same birthdays.....

Stacy, Trae, Parker, and Ella said...

I thought the news would travel faster. Well Happy Birthday! That is crazy you share the same birthday. It looks like you had fun!