Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mr. Mom....and The Test

For the past 3 count them 1, 2, 3 months I have been studying for a test that I had to take as a requirement for my job. The contents of the test were on this:
Probably the most boring reading one will ever have to put themself through is the International Building Codes. This is only 1 of 4 books that I had to study.....it was awful. Part of studying for this test required that I spend a week....yes folks I said a WEEK...in Tucson for training. Tucson...for real?!!? Anyway while I was away I learned just how much my husband loves me and what a great husband he is. I had to leave Cayden and Kenna here with him all week to go to school which meant.....breakfast, lunches, Kenna's hair (which he impressed me), getting dressed, off to school, homework, scouts, gymnastics, dinner, baths, Kenna's nightly lubing (ugh that exema sp?), scriptures, prayers, and not to mention the ward trunk-or-treat fell right in the middle of it all. He is such a good sport he even dressed up......Amy said "I'm so proud he's my bro-in-law when I see that picture!) HA HA I think its hilarious and wish I could have been there to see it.
Cayden was some kind of sorcerer dude...not really sure but Chad did a great make-up job and Kenna was of course Tinkerbell....and what a cute one she was!


After I got done with my week long training I had to study a little more and schedule my test. So back to Tucson I went over the weekend and took the dreaded test.........and PASSED!!! Yea! I was so happy because not only is it hard but it's expensive so I only wanted to take it once! So I'm an officially certified Permit Tech.....oohhhhawww that sounds important...WHATEVER...its done!!
I'm so happy I have a great husband that drudged (is that a word) through and helped me through all of this and it's DONE!!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Woo Hooooooo! That is a very big deal ... and I'm glad I finally got to meet your husband. He passed the test.

Treasuring Life's Little Moments... said...

Chad did look hilarious that night! Everyone was cracking up! I think we only saw the kids for about 5 seconds as they were running down the hall so they were just a blur. Good job on passing the test! WooHoo!! I guess maybe we need to live in the same neighborhood, maybe that way we would actually see each other! :) Hope you are feeling better from the migrane!

Curtis Chicks said...

Awwww .. I'm jealous ... of the wonderful husband, not of the test and not that you're a permit thingy-ma-jigger

But I do have a permit I need you to ummmm do uhhhh something with that uhhhh requires your uhhh expertise ... and stuff

LOVE YA SIS!!

Jessica said...

Props on passing the test!! Aren't sweet husbands the best...we can always use a little help every now and then so it is nice when they step in!!